At STA Legal, we are committed to providing the highest possible level of service. We understand that sometimes things may go wrong, and we want to ensure that you are comfortable raising any concerns you may have.

If you are unhappy with the way in which you have been dealt with, please do not hesitate to contact us. We will investigate your complaint promptly and thoroughly, and we will take steps to resolve the issue to your satisfaction. 

How to make a complaint

Send an email to [email protected];

Send a letter to our Compliance Department at 28 Turkey Court, Turkey Mill Business Park, Ashford Road, Maidstone, Kent, ME14 5PP; or

Call 01622 584 660.

How we handle your complaint

You will receive an acknowledgement within five days of us receiving your complaint.

We will then investigate your complaint and provide a response and outcome in writing within four weeks of your complaint being received. If further time is needed to investigate, we will write to you to let you know. In all cases, we will do our best to expedite our investigation to provide you with a response as soon as possible.

What to do if we cannot resolve your complaint or you are dissatisfied with our response

The Legal Ombudsman can help you if we are unable to resolve your complaint ourselves. They will look at your complaint independently and it will not affect how we handle your case.

Before accepting a complaint for investigation, the Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint with us first. If you have, then you must take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman:

  • Within six months of receiving our final response to your complaint


  • No more than one year from the date of the act or omission being complained about; or
  • No more than one year from the date when you should reasonably have known that there was cause for complaint.

For more information about the Legal Ombudsman contact:

Call: 0300 555 0333 between 9.00 to 17.00.

Email: [email protected]

Legal Ombudsman PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ

What to do if you are unhappy with our behaviour

The Solicitors Regulation Authority can help if you are concerned about our behaviour. This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic.

Visit their website to see how you can raise your concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority.