Frequently asked questions

Why has a County Court Claim been issued against me?2023-06-12T11:30:18+01:00

We sent you a Letter of Claim which detailed how you could avoid further escalation resulting in a County Court Claim, giving you 30 days to respond and make an effort to resolve the matter.

As you have either failed to respond or failed to resolve the matter, a County Court Claim has been issued against you to recover the outstanding debt amount.

The Claim will have set out the options available to you including:

– Payment of the full amount
– Requesting more time to pay
– Requesting payment at a later date
– Part admission to owing some of the amount claimed
– Defence of the Claim (if you don’t believe you owe any of the outstanding amount or have already paid)

Failure to respond to the Claim could result in a County Court Judgment (CCJ) being entered against you.

I have received a County Court Claim, what happens if I don’t respond?2023-07-10T09:33:08+01:00

Failure to respond to the County Court Claim within the timeframe specified could result in a County Court Judgment (CCJ) being entered against you.

What is a County Court Judgment (CCJ)?2023-06-12T11:30:24+01:00

A CCJ is recorded to your credit file where it will remain for 6 years. It may make it difficult for you to obtain credit such as mortgage, credit cards, mobile phone contracts and car financing.

If you believe there is an error with any of the information submitted to your credit file, you can raise a dispute directly through any of the major credit bureaus, such as TransUnion, Equifax and Experian.

How can a CCJ be removed from my credit report?2023-06-12T11:30:27+01:00

By making full payment of the debt within one calendar month from the date the CCJ was entered. We will notify the Court to advise the Registry Trust that the CCJ should be cancelled. Once this is done, the Registry Trust will ask the credit bureaus to remove the CCJ from your credit file.

If payment in full is not made within one calendar month from the date the CCJ was entered, the CCJ will remain on your credit file for 6 years, and may make it difficult for you to obtain credit.

By making full payment of the debt after one calendar month from the date the CCJ was entered, we will notify the Court to mark the status of the CCJ as satisfied which may help to improve your credit rating.

Who are STA Legal?2023-06-12T10:58:03+01:00

STA Legal is a specialist law firm, regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, providing legal debt recovery services to a range of Higher and Further Education and business clients.

Why have I been contacted by STA Legal?2023-06-12T10:58:08+01:00

One of our clients has asked us to contact you in regards to an outstanding debt owed to them.

We recommend you contact us as soon as possible to agree a suitable solution.

What do I do if I can’t afford to pay?2023-06-12T10:59:45+01:00

We recommend you get in touch with us to discuss a solution. You can also contact a debt advice charity who can provide you with free and impartial guidance – a list of charities can be found here.

What happens to the money I pay you?2023-06-12T10:59:40+01:00

100% of what you pay to us is taken from the balance owing and sent back to your original creditor.

You can check your remaining balance at any time by logging into myaccount.staunify.com, or by contacting us.

Do you record telephone calls?2023-06-12T10:59:28+01:00

Yes. We record all telephone calls for Quality and Training purposes.

How can I pay?2023-06-12T10:59:35+01:00

The easiest and quickest way of managing your account with us is by using our dedicated site: myaccount.staunify.com. Alternatively, you can pay online and find a full list of our payment methods here.

Is STA International still dealing with my case?2023-06-12T10:59:31+01:00

Your case has been escalated to us, STA Legal, to handle through to litigation. Any communication should now be made with us and not STA International or the original creditor.

You can email us on: [email protected] or call us on 01622 584 660

Can a friend or relative act on my behalf?2023-06-12T11:05:49+01:00

You can nominate a friend or relative as a third party to communicate with us on your behalf, we require authorisation from you before we speak with them. You can provide authorisation by:

Post: Provide signed written authority confirming the third party’s full name and post to:

STA Legal, 28 Turkey Court, Turkey Mill Business Park, Ashford Road, Maidstone, Kent, ME14 5PP

Email: Provide a scanned copy of your signed authority and email to:

[email protected]

Phone: Call 01622 584 660, completing security and confirming the full name of the person you’d like to authorise. The nominated third party will need to confirm their name and your security details each time they contact us on your behalf.

Can a debt management company act on my behalf?2023-06-12T11:05:53+01:00

Yes, where we have permission from you to do so and confirmation that the debt management company has agreed to act on your behalf.

Can a solicitor act on my behalf?2023-06-12T11:05:57+01:00

Yes, we require a letter from your solicitor confirming that they are acting on your behalf. You can send this by:

Post to: STA Legal, 28 Turkey Court, Turkey Mill Business Park, Ashford Road, Maidstone, Kent, ME14 5PP

Email to: [email protected]

Go to Top